Natuna waters threatened by overfishing
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM JAKARTA: Overfishing remains the biggest threat to the ocean environment in the Natuna Islands, a scientist says.The head of the Oceanographic Research Center at the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), Suharsono, said Tuesday that fish and other marine species in Natuna faced serious threats from foreign fishing trawlers.“Local fishermen in Natuna say unauthorized fishing by foreign t...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey