Mt. Merapi eruptions bury temple relics
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: Mount Merapi’s frequent eruptions have subsumed dozens of historical items, with some 39 objects recently found underneath cold lava.
Yogyakarta Cultural Agency head Djoko Dwiyanto said his team recently found 39 relics in areas surrounding Yogyakarta. Djoko said many objects were still covered with lava, requiring archeologists to use remote sensing equipment to find them.
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president