Mt. Merapi eruptions bury temple relics
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: Mount Merapi’s frequent eruptions have subsumed dozens of historical items, with some 39 objects recently found underneath cold lava.
Yogyakarta Cultural Agency head Djoko Dwiyanto said his team recently found 39 relics in areas surrounding Yogyakarta. Djoko said many objects were still covered with lava, requiring archeologists to use remote sensing equipment to find them.
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Hikers struck by lightning in Bogor
- Police to question Rizieq’s wife in alleged sext scandal
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Agrarian activist sentenced using now-defunct regulation
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- Indonesia can profit from private management of conservation areas
- Body of fifth victim of Ponorogo landslide recovered
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs