Mt. Merapi eruptions bury temple relics
The Jakarta Post
YOGYAKARTA: Mount Merapi’s frequent eruptions have subsumed dozens of historical items, with some 39 objects recently found underneath cold lava.
Yogyakarta Cultural Agency head Djoko Dwiyanto said his team recently found 39 relics in areas surrounding Yogyakarta. Djoko said many objects were still covered with lava, requiring archeologists to use remote sensing equipment to find them.
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter