Majapahit capital may be larger than previously believed
The Jakarta Post
A recent archeological find in Puri village, Mojokerto regency, East Java, thought to date from the ancient Majapahit empire indicates that the capital of the empire may have been larger than a municipality in Jakarta.
Lead archeologist from the Indonesian Ancient Relics Conservation Bureau ( BP3 ), Danang Wahyu Putro, said this hypothesis was supported by the fact that the new find was loc...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares