Majapahit capital may be larger than previously believed
The Jakarta Post
A recent archeological find in Puri village, Mojokerto regency, East Java, thought to date from the ancient Majapahit empire indicates that the capital of the empire may have been larger than a municipality in Jakarta.
Lead archeologist from the Indonesian Ancient Relics Conservation Bureau ( BP3 ), Danang Wahyu Putro, said this hypothesis was supported by the fact that the new find was loc...
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning