Writing culture on the web: Are we still better at talking?
The Jakarta Post
Ivan Lanin, a linguist and former executive director of Wikimedia Indonesia, said he could only find a few Wikipedia entries in Indonesian — which were mostly poorly written — when he decided to become a contributor to the site five years ago.
Not much has changed since then, he told The Jakarta Post. As of March this year, there were about 3.6 million English articles in the free onli...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer