Writing culture on the web: Are we still better at talking?
The Jakarta Post
Ivan Lanin, a linguist and former executive director of Wikimedia Indonesia, said he could only find a few Wikipedia entries in Indonesian — which were mostly poorly written — when he decided to become a contributor to the site five years ago.
Not much has changed since then, he told The Jakarta Post. As of March this year, there were about 3.6 million English articles in the free onli...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Jember airport development kicks off
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers