Seeking a balance between intelligence and citizen rights
Cahyadi Satriya and Curie Maharani
The suicide bombing at the mosque inside the Cirebon Police compound on April 16 again showed the risks and the potential for casualties if intelligence agencies fail to prevent acts of terrorism.
Worse, the bombing served to mock the capability, or lack thereof, of Indonesia’s intelligence bodies, as it struck a symbol of the nation’s security apparatus.
Undoubtedly, accurate ...
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- PBB, PKPI ineligible for 2019 elections: KPU