UN calls for quicker responses to reduce impacts of disasters
The Jakarta Post
The UN reiterated calls on Tuesday for the world to respond quickly to current worldwide disasters and streamline efforts to tackle their inevitable impacts.
“In the midst of a crisis, there is space for reflection. Lives hang in the balance. Every minute counts. But there is much we can learn after the fact and there is much we can do to minimize the impact for the future,” UN Secretar...
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- iOS 11 Control Center Wi-Fi, Bluetooth shortcuts may be security risk, say experts
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- US threatens new sanction on North Korea