UN calls for quicker responses to reduce impacts of disasters
The Jakarta Post
The UN reiterated calls on Tuesday for the world to respond quickly to current worldwide disasters and streamline efforts to tackle their inevitable impacts.
“In the midst of a crisis, there is space for reflection. Lives hang in the balance. Every minute counts. But there is much we can learn after the fact and there is much we can do to minimize the impact for the future,” UN Secretar...
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy