Jazzing it up in Borneo
Tan Hee Hui
The Jakarta Post
Ralyzz Dig Quintet --Courtesy of Pein Lee/Sarawak Tourism BoardDifferent manifestations of jazz music were heard at the recently held Borneo Jazz Festival 2011 in Miri, Sarawak, to the delight of fans comprising a good mix of locals, expatriates and tourists.
Formerly known as the Miri International Jazz Festival, the event’s moniker has only been changed to Borneo Jazz Festival recently,...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning