Govt torn between courting business, protecting forests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM On shaky ground: Forestry Minister Zulkifl i Hasan (right) and Environment Minister Gusti Muhammad Hatta (second right) walk on the “canopy trail” in Ciwalen, Gunung Gede Pangrango National Park, Bogor, West Java, on Monday. The 60 meter-long canopy trail can accommodate fi ve to 10 people with a total weight of 300 kg to enjoy the beauty of a tropical rain forest from 30 to 40 meters above gr...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president