Govt torn between courting business, protecting forests
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
On shaky ground: Forestry Minister Zulkifl i Hasan (right) and Environment Minister Gusti Muhammad Hatta (second right) walk on the “canopy trail” in Ciwalen, Gunung Gede Pangrango National Park, Bogor, West Java, on Monday. The 60 meter-long canopy trail can accommodate fi ve to 10 people with a total weight of 300 kg to enjoy the beauty of a tropical rain forest from 30 to 40 meters above gr...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Chinese giant jumps into $980m power plant, LNG projects