Batan to survey nuclear power plant sites
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The National Atomic Power Agency (Batan) says it would continue to search for suitable sites for a nuclear power plant and uranium sources despite growing objections by the public and NGOs.
Batan head Hudi Hastowo said Bangka Belitung was targeted as possible new site for a planned nuclear power plant and that the agency would start to survey the location this year.
The site was cons...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official