Batan to survey nuclear power plant sites
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The National Atomic Power Agency (Batan) says it would continue to search for suitable sites for a nuclear power plant and uranium sources despite growing objections by the public and NGOs.
Batan head Hudi Hastowo said Bangka Belitung was targeted as possible new site for a planned nuclear power plant and that the agency would start to survey the location this year.
The site was cons...
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft
- At least 13 dead and 50 injured in Barcelona van attack