Coral damage affects humans: Experts
The Jakarta Post
Damage to coral reefs could affect various critical aspects of human life and should not be viewed as merely a loss of marine biodiversity, an expert warned.
“Coral reef damage also greatly affects food security, income, the stability of the whole ecosystem, and could increase the threat of coastal disasters,” Jensi Sartin from Bali-based Reef Check Foundation Indonesia said.
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Pay-as-you-wish museum trips offered to Idul Fitri holidaymakers
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Police closely monitor Syria returnees after IS-linked attack in Medan
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta