Govt ups alert for Soputan, Papandayan alert lowered
The Jakarta Post
Government volcanologists have raised the alert level for Mount Soputan in Minahasa, North Sulawesi, while reporting that the threat posed by Mount Papandayan in West Java had decreased.
Warning signs: Mount Soputan spews hot ash and smoke at Tondano Lake in North Sulawesi’s Minahasa regency on Sunday. Mt. Soputan began showing signs of increased volcanic activity on Sunday, posing a threat t...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats