Inco denies contract and environmental violations
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
The world’s largest nickel producer, PT International Nickel Indonesia (Inco), denied allegations that it had reneged on a commitment to build more smelters and destroyed protected forests in Sulawesi and reduced workers’ welfare.
Inco said all issues had been resolved legally and in consultation with the government.
Inco’s outgoing president director, Tony Wenas, said that acc...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday