Inco denies contract and environmental violations
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
The world’s largest nickel producer, PT International Nickel Indonesia (Inco), denied allegations that it had reneged on a commitment to build more smelters and destroyed protected forests in Sulawesi and reduced workers’ welfare.
Inco said all issues had been resolved legally and in consultation with the government.
Inco’s outgoing president director, Tony Wenas, said that acc...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs