Inco denies contract and environmental violations
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
The world’s largest nickel producer, PT International Nickel Indonesia (Inco), denied allegations that it had reneged on a commitment to build more smelters and destroyed protected forests in Sulawesi and reduced workers’ welfare.
Inco said all issues had been resolved legally and in consultation with the government.
Inco’s outgoing president director, Tony Wenas, said that acc...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research