Activists in Java strive to clean rivers
The Jakarta Post
Determined to clean up Java’s heavily polluted rivers, environment activists have found that involving their local communities is the best way to attract the government’s attention, and expose polluting companies.
Prigi Arisandi from Ecoton, an environmental NGO that has been cleaning the Brantas river of East Java since 1999, said that his organization tried to involve all members of s...
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie