Activists in Java strive to clean rivers
The Jakarta Post
Determined to clean up Java’s heavily polluted rivers, environment activists have found that involving their local communities is the best way to attract the government’s attention, and expose polluting companies.
Prigi Arisandi from Ecoton, an environmental NGO that has been cleaning the Brantas river of East Java since 1999, said that his organization tried to involve all members of s...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption