Activists in Java strive to clean rivers
The Jakarta Post
Determined to clean up Java’s heavily polluted rivers, environment activists have found that involving their local communities is the best way to attract the government’s attention, and expose polluting companies.
Prigi Arisandi from Ecoton, an environmental NGO that has been cleaning the Brantas river of East Java since 1999, said that his organization tried to involve all members of s...
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- SEA Games: Maria Natalia Londa wins silver in triple jump
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Mosquito-borne infectious diseases: Crafting an Asian solution
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- NYU Stern to host global leadership program for ASEAN executives
- BNN chief ready to execute officials caught accepting drug money
- Police suspect Novel's attacker wore gloves
- Ten percent discount on toll roads offered to e-money users
- Mark Wahlberg named world's top paid actor