Letter: Islamic banking: The next bubble?
The Jakarta Post
I have often asked various Muslim friends to explain to me the fundamentals of Islamic banking. The answer is that they themselves can’t really explain it well – especially when challenged with probing questions – but they always know a very smart expert who can.
The expert will then subject you to an avalanche of statistics and vague jargon. If you are a skeptic, you risk getting th...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions