Letter: Islamic banking: The next bubble?
The Jakarta Post
I have often asked various Muslim friends to explain to me the fundamentals of Islamic banking. The answer is that they themselves can’t really explain it well – especially when challenged with probing questions – but they always know a very smart expert who can.
The expert will then subject you to an avalanche of statistics and vague jargon. If you are a skeptic, you risk getting th...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas