New civil war haunts Ambon
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
For President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, the memory of the three-year civil war in Maluku that killed thousands of victims and displaced hundreds of thousands of people is still a very vivid nightmare.
Sectarian violence last broke out in Ambon in 1999, and quickly spread to adjacent areas. Thousands of people in the surrounding area either perished or fled to neighboring islands.
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Novel Baswedan returns home