Actress Happy Salma to produce film
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Happy Salma says her dreams have come true: The 31-year-old actress will produce a new film, Description Without Place.
“The film is about the past, present and future of three women from Saudi Arabia, Italy and Jakarta,” Happy said as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
Happy, who chose the acclaimed novelist and filmmaker Richard Oh to direct, said the film would tell the story of the women as they meet in Bali and embark on spiritual journeys.
“Finally, I’m making a movie! The idea of making a film occurred to me when I visited a film festival. I thought it would be great if I could make a film,” she said.
Happy has starred in several films, including Riri Riza’s Gie biopic about activist Soe Hok Gie as well as in a host of local soap operas (sinetron).
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- Seeking true happiness through meditation
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- Guilty or not, Jessica to face verdict
- Mt. Rinjani still closed to trekkers
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- Judges ignored testimonies from defense witnesses: Lawyer
- It’s getting easier to do business in Indonesia: Report