Actress Happy Salma to produce film
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Happy Salma says her dreams have come true: The 31-year-old actress will produce a new film, Description Without Place.
“The film is about the past, present and future of three women from Saudi Arabia, Italy and Jakarta,” Happy said as quoted by kompas.com on Tuesday.
Happy, who chose the acclaimed novelist and filmmaker Richard Oh to direct, said the film would tell the story of the women as they meet in Bali and embark on spiritual journeys.
“Finally, I’m making a movie! The idea of making a film occurred to me when I visited a film festival. I thought it would be great if I could make a film,” she said.
Happy has starred in several films, including Riri Riza’s Gie biopic about activist Soe Hok Gie as well as in a host of local soap operas (sinetron).
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- Experiencing the beauty of the Balkans in Bulgaria
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers