Healthy diet can prevent birth defects, says expert
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
Consuming food rich in folic acid and other nutrients can help pregnant women protect their unborn babies from Neural Tube Defects (NTD), or birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, and other congenital defects, an expert says.
Prima Progestian, an obstetrics and gynecology specialist, said on Sunday that foods rich in folic acid (folate) played an important role in reducing the risks of...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion