Healthy diet can prevent birth defects, says expert
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
Consuming food rich in folic acid and other nutrients can help pregnant women protect their unborn babies from Neural Tube Defects (NTD), or birth defects of the brain and spinal cord, and other congenital defects, an expert says.
Prima Progestian, an obstetrics and gynecology specialist, said on Sunday that foods rich in folic acid (folate) played an important role in reducing the risks of...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth