Bekasi mayor acquittal a huge blow to KPK
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Ina Parlina
The Jakarta Post
Gone is the Corruption Eradication Commission’s (KPK) proud 100 percent success rate in jailing graft suspects after a local corruption court in Bandung acquitted Bekasi Mayor Mochtar Mohamad of all bribery charges on Tuesday.
Prior to the case, all graft defendants whose cases were handled by the KPK had been jailed. Mochtar’s case is also the first KPK graft case to have been tried at...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh