Bekasi mayor acquittal a huge blow to KPK
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Ina Parlina
The Jakarta Post
Gone is the Corruption Eradication Commission’s (KPK) proud 100 percent success rate in jailing graft suspects after a local corruption court in Bandung acquitted Bekasi Mayor Mochtar Mohamad of all bribery charges on Tuesday.
Prior to the case, all graft defendants whose cases were handled by the KPK had been jailed. Mochtar’s case is also the first KPK graft case to have been tried at...
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations