Bekasi mayor acquittal a huge blow to KPK
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Ina Parlina
The Jakarta Post
Gone is the Corruption Eradication Commission’s (KPK) proud 100 percent success rate in jailing graft suspects after a local corruption court in Bandung acquitted Bekasi Mayor Mochtar Mohamad of all bribery charges on Tuesday.
Prior to the case, all graft defendants whose cases were handled by the KPK had been jailed. Mochtar’s case is also the first KPK graft case to have been tried at...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase