Bekasi mayor acquittal a huge blow to KPK
Yuli Tri Suwarni and Ina Parlina
The Jakarta Post
Gone is the Corruption Eradication Commission’s (KPK) proud 100 percent success rate in jailing graft suspects after a local corruption court in Bandung acquitted Bekasi Mayor Mochtar Mohamad of all bribery charges on Tuesday.
Prior to the case, all graft defendants whose cases were handled by the KPK had been jailed. Mochtar’s case is also the first KPK graft case to have been tried at...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval