Reading culture: The long journey to becoming a developed nation
In the past, I used to see a Finnish girl, who rode the same school bus with me, reading a book every day during the bus journey.
Curiously, I once asked her, ”How long does it take you to read a 500-or so page book?” She replied, “Two or three days.” As a book lover who needs one or two weeks to finish such a book, I was astonished at how fast this fifth grader could read books th...
- Crystal meth from Malaysia seized in Riau Islands
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- North Korea, Malaysia tussle over corpse; 4th suspect nabbed
- Ministry to scrap expiry date for SIUP, TDP
- Indonesian coconut enjoys sweet spot in Hungary
- BNN shoots dead drug trafficker in Medan
- Hizbut Tahrir rejects rules on Friday sermons
- Rampant corruption in villages caused by incompetence: ICW