Reading culture: The long journey to becoming a developed nation
In the past, I used to see a Finnish girl, who rode the same school bus with me, reading a book every day during the bus journey.
Curiously, I once asked her, ”How long does it take you to read a 500-or so page book?” She replied, “Two or three days.” As a book lover who needs one or two weeks to finish such a book, I was astonished at how fast this fifth grader could read books th...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence