Reading culture: The long journey to becoming a developed nation
In the past, I used to see a Finnish girl, who rode the same school bus with me, reading a book every day during the bus journey.
Curiously, I once asked her, ”How long does it take you to read a 500-or so page book?” She replied, “Two or three days.” As a book lover who needs one or two weeks to finish such a book, I was astonished at how fast this fifth grader could read books th...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain