Ifa Isfansyah: The man behind ‘Sang Penari’
The Jakarta Post
JP/Agus MaryonoIfa Isfansyah is familiar to Indonesian filmgoers, most notably after his successful Garuda di Dadaku (Garuda in My Heart), was released three years ago.
Now, Ifa is garnering further praise with his new film Sang Penari (The Dancer).
Shot not long after Garuda, the new picture that premiered on Nov. 10 took about three years to complete, which he said was an exhaust...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia