Practicing benevolence, Samin tribe endures scorn
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
Stereotyped as rebellious people during the Dutch colonial era, the Samin still endure ridicule from others who consider them slow and resistant to change.
Unlike other local communities frequently rocked by tribal confl...
- Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b in operational funds
- Ahok resigns from post, returns money
- 7 people caught red-handed by KPK in alleged bribery case
- Further attacks feared
- Ramadhan begins on Saturday, govt says
- Maria Ozawa, Filipino-Spanish BF in first pictorial as a couple
- Govt reshuffles two agencies responsible for oil, gas businesses
- Five people arrested in relation to Jakarta twin suicide bomb attack
- Study finds moratorium does little to curb deforestation
- NU intensifies monitoring to curb radicalism during Ramadhan