Practicing benevolence, Samin tribe endures scorn
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
Benevolence plays an important role in the life of the Samin tribe, an indigenous community living in forested areas bordering Central Java and East Java provinces.
Stereotyped as rebellious people during the Dutch colonial era, the Samin still endure ridicule from others who consider them slow and resistant to change.
Unlike other local communities frequently rocked by tribal confl...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam