Great wall of trade barriers planned
The Jakarta Post
Following concerns of a surging influx of overseas products that may further hurt local businesses amid the escalating global economic slump, the government plans to expand trade barriers to limit unnecessary imports.
Trade Minister Gita Wirjawan said on Tuesday the measures would include mostly non-tarriff barriers such as an expanded quarantine policy and mandatory use of the Indonesian N...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter