Letter: Orangutans under fire
The Jakarta Post
Here in the Netherlands we are surprised and saddened to read almost every day of orangutans in Indonesia being harassed and killed in large numbers by Malaysian palm oil companies in particular. It breaks our heart and makes us want to avoid all palm oil in the things we buy.
We appeal to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to urgently rein in these palm oil companies to prevent them from m...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries