Letter: Orangutans under fire
The Jakarta Post
Here in the Netherlands we are surprised and saddened to read almost every day of orangutans in Indonesia being harassed and killed in large numbers by Malaysian palm oil companies in particular. It breaks our heart and makes us want to avoid all palm oil in the things we buy.
We appeal to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to urgently rein in these palm oil companies to prevent them from m...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein