Letter: Orangutans under fire
The Jakarta Post
Here in the Netherlands we are surprised and saddened to read almost every day of orangutans in Indonesia being harassed and killed in large numbers by Malaysian palm oil companies in particular. It breaks our heart and makes us want to avoid all palm oil in the things we buy.
We appeal to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to urgently rein in these palm oil companies to prevent them from m...
- 'Bottom up' campaigning failed Ahok, and it might fail Jokowi
- Anies, Sandiaga win in all Jakarta municipalities, regency
- Polygamy not part of Islamic teachings: Muslim clerics
- PSSI eyes SEA Games gold, 4th place in 2018 Asian Games
- Jakarta election result will not negatively affect investment climate: BKPM
- 3 Singaporean military personnel banned from entering Indonesia
- Indonesia climbs six spots in 2017 press freedom ranking
- Former BPKM chairman passes away
- China bans list of Islamic names in restive Xinjiang region
- Squatters resettle Pasar Ikan area in defiance of eviction