Letter: Orangutans under fire
The Jakarta Post
Here in the Netherlands we are surprised and saddened to read almost every day of orangutans in Indonesia being harassed and killed in large numbers by Malaysian palm oil companies in particular. It breaks our heart and makes us want to avoid all palm oil in the things we buy.
We appeal to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to urgently rein in these palm oil companies to prevent them from m...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students