Govt helps farmers, fishermen deal with climate change
The Jakarta Post
With the disastrous impact of climate change already threatening the livelihood of farmers and fishermen, the government will soon roll out programs to help them deal with the menace.
With money from the Indonesia Climate Change Trust Fund, the government has started numerous programs including the mapping of areas most prone to extreme weather blamed on global warming.
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter