Govt helps farmers, fishermen deal with climate change
The Jakarta Post
With the disastrous impact of climate change already threatening the livelihood of farmers and fishermen, the government will soon roll out programs to help them deal with the menace.
With money from the Indonesia Climate Change Trust Fund, the government has started numerous programs including the mapping of areas most prone to extreme weather blamed on global warming.
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests