‘State Ibuism’ is not dead, it’s not even past
The name Julia Suryakusuma is a familiar one for readers. Through her columns, she touched upon a wide range of social and political topics and has contributed some of the most succinct and insightful commentaries on contemporary Indonesia available.
Not all readers will realize that Julia’s unrelenting humanity, incisiveness and humor have a deep and influential history in the social sc...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?