‘State Ibuism’ is not dead, it’s not even past
The name Julia Suryakusuma is a familiar one for readers. Through her columns, she touched upon a wide range of social and political topics and has contributed some of the most succinct and insightful commentaries on contemporary Indonesia available.
Not all readers will realize that Julia’s unrelenting humanity, incisiveness and humor have a deep and influential history in the social sc...
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- EDITORIAL: Bending the car culture
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Tiket.com eyes 250 percent growth in ticket, tour package sales
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu