On Jakarta’s mean streets, nail collectors vow to persevere
The Jakarta Post
Death threats. Derision. Nothing can deflate the spirits of the men who volunteer to sweep the city’s streets of nails, reportedly left there by unscrupulous tire repair vendors.
Members of the Sapu Bersih Ranjau (Saber) community are passionate about their work, which entails regular sweeps of several major streets of the capital looking for nails.
Nailed: A volunteer with the Sapu Be...
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Man refuses bicycle prize from President Jokowi
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018