On Jakarta’s mean streets, nail collectors vow to persevere
The Jakarta Post
Death threats. Derision. Nothing can deflate the spirits of the men who volunteer to sweep the city’s streets of nails, reportedly left there by unscrupulous tire repair vendors.
Members of the Sapu Bersih Ranjau (Saber) community are passionate about their work, which entails regular sweeps of several major streets of the capital looking for nails.
Nailed: A volunteer with the Sapu Be...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Oil rises toward $63 as OPEC cuts weighed against US supplies
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- India confirms deaths of 39 workers abducted in Iraq