On Jakarta’s mean streets, nail collectors vow to persevere
The Jakarta Post
Death threats. Derision. Nothing can deflate the spirits of the men who volunteer to sweep the city’s streets of nails, reportedly left there by unscrupulous tire repair vendors.
Members of the Sapu Bersih Ranjau (Saber) community are passionate about their work, which entails regular sweeps of several major streets of the capital looking for nails.
Nailed: A volunteer with the Sapu Be...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance