On Jakarta’s mean streets, nail collectors vow to persevere
The Jakarta Post
Death threats. Derision. Nothing can deflate the spirits of the men who volunteer to sweep the city’s streets of nails, reportedly left there by unscrupulous tire repair vendors.
Members of the Sapu Bersih Ranjau (Saber) community are passionate about their work, which entails regular sweeps of several major streets of the capital looking for nails.
Nailed: A volunteer with the Sapu Be...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Headless torso found in Danish waters is missing journalist
- West Jakarta to collect tax arrears for hundreds of rental cars
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open