On Jakarta’s mean streets, nail collectors vow to persevere
The Jakarta Post
Death threats. Derision. Nothing can deflate the spirits of the men who volunteer to sweep the city’s streets of nails, reportedly left there by unscrupulous tire repair vendors.
Members of the Sapu Bersih Ranjau (Saber) community are passionate about their work, which entails regular sweeps of several major streets of the capital looking for nails.
Nailed: A volunteer with the Sapu Be...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Woman in Banyumas killed by king cobra
- How a woman saves stray dogs in Lombok, alone