Former GAM combatants consolidate for Aceh poll
The Jakarta Post
Former combatants of the now-defunct Aceh Free Movement (GAM) reportedly held a meeting to consolidate their campaign to push Zaini Abdullah and Muzakir Manaf into the province’s top post.
Zaini and Muzakir are among seven pairs of candidates for the Aceh gubernatorial election to be held on April 9.
The pair has been nominated by the Aceh Party (PA), a local political party founde...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot