Former GAM combatants consolidate for Aceh poll
The Jakarta Post
Former combatants of the now-defunct Aceh Free Movement (GAM) reportedly held a meeting to consolidate their campaign to push Zaini Abdullah and Muzakir Manaf into the province’s top post.
Zaini and Muzakir are among seven pairs of candidates for the Aceh gubernatorial election to be held on April 9.
The pair has been nominated by the Aceh Party (PA), a local political party founde...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- World Bank, AIIB ink MoU to strengthen cooperation