Nikita turned to tattoos after pain
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Actress Nikita Mirzani says her parents’ quarrels helped spur her love for tattoos.
“A long time ago my mother and father fought a lot. Rather than resorting to drugs, my friend had a tattoo studio so I went to get tattoos. I diverted the pain to tattoos, and the pain disappeared,” she said Friday in a television interview, as quoted by kompas.com.
Nikita got her first tattoo in 2007. Her mother, she recalled, was not amused. “My mother was doing the washing, and then I showed it to her [and asked], ‘Ma, is this nice?’… I got splashed with water,” she said.
Her father discovered the tattoo when she was asleep. The discovery led to a heated debate between the two.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Payment integration sought to propel e-commerce development
- Presidential aircraft a test of patience for nation’s VVIPs
- Ministry tells Indonesian airliners to hire 900 jobless local pilots
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- Wings Air connects Yahukimo to Jayapura
- New Zealand Prime Minister John Key resigns after 8 years