Flour producers rise up against govt on import duty
The Jakarta Post
After three years of hard negotiations, local flour producers have finally filed a lawsuit against the Finance Ministry for refusing to impose an anti-dumping duty on flour imports from Turkey, as recommended by the Trade Ministry.
The lawsuit, which was filed on Jan. 25 by the Indonesian Flour Mill Association (Aptindo), is seen as a direct challenge to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, ...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore