In memory of the 1999 Papua dialogue
Thirteen years ago today, Papua’s “Team 100” was invited by then president BJ Habibie to hold a national dialogue to discuss the Papua issue at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta.
It was no ordinary event. On the contrary, it was an extraordinary gathering of Papua’s leaders prompted by a widespread call for independence in the nation’s easternmost province.
It was marked...
- Scientists may have found a cause of dyslexia
- Google Maps expands solar system feature
- Army planned to overthrow Sukarno in 1965: US declassified files
- Malaysian actor jailed for 11 years for smuggling meth to Medan
- Indonesia, Qatar to set up business council
- 3 killed, two wounded in Maryland shooting, gunman flees
- Philippine woman who died in S. Jakarta known as a lecturer
- Commentary: The 'non-pribumi' Anies Baswedan is my governor now
- Ed Sheeran cancels Asia tour dates after cycling accident
- Kalla rejects idea of police anticorruption squad