By the way ... In defense of the Jakartan hipster
The Jakarta Post
Until recently, being a full-time music snob has been a drag, especially in Jakarta.
Being thousands of kilometers away from the center of the pop industry, fans were treated as pariahs and had to be content with second-grade performers, including the likes of Good Charlotte, Air Supply, Firehouse, or relics from the 1980s’ campy mainstream in the form of Michael Bolton or Kenny G, or ev...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Riau Islands Police beefed up to 12,000 to anticipate South China Sea tension
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- Graft cases may affect Agus, Sylviana's electability: Pollster
- Indonesian Military to build naval base in Papua
- Qatar new target of Indonesia’s weapons export
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi