By the way ... In defense of the Jakartan hipster
The Jakarta Post
Until recently, being a full-time music snob has been a drag, especially in Jakarta.
Being thousands of kilometers away from the center of the pop industry, fans were treated as pariahs and had to be content with second-grade performers, including the likes of Good Charlotte, Air Supply, Firehouse, or relics from the 1980s’ campy mainstream in the form of Michael Bolton or Kenny G, or ev...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs