Rove beetle plague hits Surabaya
Indra Harsaputra and Wahyoe Boediwardhana
The Jakarta Post
The number of people suffering from skin irritations caused by the rove beetle (locally called tomcat) in Surabaya, East Java, has risen further, says Surabaya Health Office head, Esty Martiana Rachmie.
The number of patients recorded by local community health centers (Puskesmas) in the city has reached 149 people. “The majority of patients are from Putat Jaya subdistrict, with 30 people...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions