Nyepi reduces carbon emissions
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
The Balinese Hindu Day of Silence, Nyepi, reduced the island’s CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions by up to 30,000 tons, according to an NGO.
“Nyepi contributes significantly to the island’s environment. It greatly reduces the island’s CO2 emissions and, to a certain extent, brings a temporary stop to the environmental damage experienced by the island,” Indonesian Environmental Forum (...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash