Nyepi reduces carbon emissions
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
The Balinese Hindu Day of Silence, Nyepi, reduced the island’s CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions by up to 30,000 tons, according to an NGO.
“Nyepi contributes significantly to the island’s environment. It greatly reduces the island’s CO2 emissions and, to a certain extent, brings a temporary stop to the environmental damage experienced by the island,” Indonesian Environmental Forum (...
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests