Nyepi reduces carbon emissions
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
The Balinese Hindu Day of Silence, Nyepi, reduced the island’s CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions by up to 30,000 tons, according to an NGO.
“Nyepi contributes significantly to the island’s environment. It greatly reduces the island’s CO2 emissions and, to a certain extent, brings a temporary stop to the environmental damage experienced by the island,” Indonesian Environmental Forum (...
- Hijab: A personal choice
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Following Trump's claims, alt-right editor to fund reporter to Sweden
- North Korean university seeks English teacher
- Twice tops charts with ‘Knock Knock’
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today