The FPI and the effectiveness of social sanctions
M. Syafi’i Anwar
Despite facing protests and rejection, the FPI (Islam Defenders Front) seems to continue its violent actions. However, Aboeprijadi Santoso’s article titled “Muslim ‘jago’ FPI will never die, but fade away” (The Jakarta Post, Feb. 27) is not only interesting, but also challenging.
In his profound analysis, Santoso suggests that the FPI is a typically urban jago that uses religious...
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- JFW 2018 to feature South Korean brands, singer
- Could Weinstein face trial? The mogul's legal woes
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Setya dodges KPK summons yet again
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion