The FPI and the effectiveness of social sanctions
M. Syafi’i Anwar
Despite facing protests and rejection, the FPI (Islam Defenders Front) seems to continue its violent actions. However, Aboeprijadi Santoso’s article titled “Muslim ‘jago’ FPI will never die, but fade away” (The Jakarta Post, Feb. 27) is not only interesting, but also challenging.
In his profound analysis, Santoso suggests that the FPI is a typically urban jago that uses religious...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Translation more hobby than work for novelist Murakami
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect