Preparation work for MRT begins
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Jakarta Governor Fauzi Bowo has officially launched preparation work for the construction of the city’s first Mass Rapid Transportation (MRT) system.
“This will show the people that we are truly serious about the project,” Fauzi said on the sidelines of the launch ceremony in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, on Thursday.
MRT construction preparation work includes the relocation of the Lebak Bulus Bus Terminal and Lebak Bulus Stadium, widening the road on Jl. Fatmawati in South Jakarta — through which the MRT would pass — the relocation of utility networks (phone lines, electricity cables, water pipes, sewers and fiber-optic lines) that would be affected by the construction, as well as construction of the PT MRT Jakarta office building.
Construction for the first phase of the project is scheduled to begin in September and be completed before November 2016.
The first phase comprises construction on an MRT central station, a depot and a 15.7-kilometer line running from Lebak Bulus to the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- Four dead, one missing as storms lash southern Thailand
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Indonesia keeps hopes high after 2-1 win over Vietnam
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash