Residents likely killed elephant in Aceh Jaya
The Jakarta Post
A wild elephant suffered for several hours before it died after it was reportedly poisoned on a palm oil plantation in Krueng Layeun village, Aceh Jaya, Aceh, on Monday, a witness says.
“We watched the elephant staggering as it walked before it collapsed,” Muktar, a forest ranger, said.
Aceh Conservation Response Unit (CRU) coordinator Fendra said that local residents were likely...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime