View Point: Mind your (Indonesian) language!
We Indonesians are all taught at school that, “Bahasa menunjukkan bangsa” (language defines nation). In the process of translating my English language books into Indonesian, I realized that our nation must be poorly defined indeed.
Last week I finally finished my third book: an updated Indonesian translation of my 2004 anthology, Sex, Power and Nation. Covering 33 years of work (1979-2...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song