View Point: Mind your (Indonesian) language!
We Indonesians are all taught at school that, “Bahasa menunjukkan bangsa” (language defines nation). In the process of translating my English language books into Indonesian, I realized that our nation must be poorly defined indeed.
Last week I finally finished my third book: an updated Indonesian translation of my 2004 anthology, Sex, Power and Nation. Covering 33 years of work (1979-2...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba