View Point: Mind your (Indonesian) language!
We Indonesians are all taught at school that, “Bahasa menunjukkan bangsa” (language defines nation). In the process of translating my English language books into Indonesian, I realized that our nation must be poorly defined indeed.
Last week I finally finished my third book: an updated Indonesian translation of my 2004 anthology, Sex, Power and Nation. Covering 33 years of work (1979-2...
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’ to be screened in 18 countries
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint