Export tax on coal for energy security, safety
Based on the current global trend, the demand for coal will keep increasing in accordance with the surge in world demand for energy. The International Energy Agency (IEA) predicts global coal demand for power plants by 2035 will be more than double the 1990 mark. China and India will be the main drivers of the world demand as their need alone now exceeds the total global consumption of 1990.
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings