Tobacco firms use CSR to ‘target’ minors
The Jakarta Post
The number of young smokers has risen in the last decade, as tobacco companies have used cultural and sports events and scholarships under corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs to reach out to young Indonesians, a survey says.
According to a 10-city survey conducted by the National Commission on Child Protection (Komnas PA), tobacco companies sponsored 1,042 events between 2009 and...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Madame Tussauds Hong Kong to feature Jokowi wax figure this summer
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month
- Indonesia seeks Saudi Arabia’s support to develop Sumatra tourism