Market drops, dollars vanish
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s financial markets plunged on Friday, as a lack of US dollars led the rupiah to touch to a 29-month low and stocks to drop to their lowest level in six months.
Negative global sentiment due to the eurozone debt crisis and China’s economic slowdown caused “investment reallocation” from emerging markets, including Indonesia, to the US, boosting demand for US dollars as a s...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day