Market drops, dollars vanish
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s financial markets plunged on Friday, as a lack of US dollars led the rupiah to touch to a 29-month low and stocks to drop to their lowest level in six months.
Negative global sentiment due to the eurozone debt crisis and China’s economic slowdown caused “investment reallocation” from emerging markets, including Indonesia, to the US, boosting demand for US dollars as a s...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income