Market drops, dollars vanish
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s financial markets plunged on Friday, as a lack of US dollars led the rupiah to touch to a 29-month low and stocks to drop to their lowest level in six months.
Negative global sentiment due to the eurozone debt crisis and China’s economic slowdown caused “investment reallocation” from emerging markets, including Indonesia, to the US, boosting demand for US dollars as a s...
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- Skype disappears from Chinese app stores in latest web crackdown