Market drops, dollars vanish
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s financial markets plunged on Friday, as a lack of US dollars led the rupiah to touch to a 29-month low and stocks to drop to their lowest level in six months.
Negative global sentiment due to the eurozone debt crisis and China’s economic slowdown caused “investment reallocation” from emerging markets, including Indonesia, to the US, boosting demand for US dollars as a s...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia