Market drops, dollars vanish
The Jakarta Post
The nation’s financial markets plunged on Friday, as a lack of US dollars led the rupiah to touch to a 29-month low and stocks to drop to their lowest level in six months.
Negative global sentiment due to the eurozone debt crisis and China’s economic slowdown caused “investment reallocation” from emerging markets, including Indonesia, to the US, boosting demand for US dollars as a s...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- West Kalimantan authorities uncover new drug smuggling technique
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Parking attendants, city officers arrested for allegedly collecting illegal levies