Budget cuts pull more teeth from Komnas HAM
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) has come under criticism for its poor performance in promoting human rights protection.
Early this month, some survivors from the 1965 purge came to the commission’s headquarters in Central Jakarta accusing its members of siding with rights abusers by intentionally concealing the results of its investigation into the systematic prosecut...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt