Budget cuts pull more teeth from Komnas HAM
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The National Commission on Human Rights (Komnas HAM) has come under criticism for its poor performance in promoting human rights protection.
Early this month, some survivors from the 1965 purge came to the commission’s headquarters in Central Jakarta accusing its members of siding with rights abusers by intentionally concealing the results of its investigation into the systematic prosecut...
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- SBY attends ceremony at State Palace
- SEA Games: Indonesia beats Philippines 3-0
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- Ten-year-old India rape victim gives birth to baby girl
- Jokowi inaugurates new Semanggi overpass on Independence Day