Forging gamelan in Central Java
Ganug Nugroho Adi
Detailed: A craftsman works to finish a gong in Surakarta, Central Java. Gongs take the longest to finish of a gamelan set because it takes five days to form the shape alone.Unlike previous days, the house of Saroyo, an empu or master craftsman of gamelan, saw no hammering of metal or burning fires one Saturday morning.
Workers in his gamelan workshop termed a besalen in Wirun village in ...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia