Convicted Shiite cleric: I am not an infidel
The Jakarta Post
Shiite cleric Tajul Muluk (left). (Tempo/arrahmah)<\i>Shiite cleric Tajul Muluk described his two-year prison sentence as a politically engineered verdict aimed at alienating Shia Muslims after he was sentenced by the Sampang District Court, East Java, on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters after presiding judge Purnomo Amin Tjahjo declared him guilty of blasphemy against Islam, Tajul in...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Five dead in India from Nipah virus, dozens quarantined
- Displaced for different beliefs