Convicted Shiite cleric: I am not an infidel
The Jakarta Post
Shiite cleric Tajul Muluk (left). (Tempo/arrahmah)<\i>Shiite cleric Tajul Muluk described his two-year prison sentence as a politically engineered verdict aimed at alienating Shia Muslims after he was sentenced by the Sampang District Court, East Java, on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters after presiding judge Purnomo Amin Tjahjo declared him guilty of blasphemy against Islam, Tajul in...
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore