Panwaslu probes smear campaign allegations
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
The city’s election supervisor is looking into a number of reports of negative campaigning against gubernatorial candidates ahead of the September runoff.
Ramdansyah, chairman of the Jakarta branch of the Election Supervisory Committee (Panwaslu Jakarta), said on Saturday that the alleged negative campaigning, some of which involved religious figures, occurred in South, East and West Jaka...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Government should punish violent groups while also preserving democracy: Expert
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports