Batam revokes Blue Bird’s taxi license after local protests
The Jakarta Post
The Batam administration has revoked the license of the Blue Bird Group after 2,500 local taxi drivers went on strike to protest against the firm’s entrance into the local market.
“For all your sakes, the license of Blue Bird is revoked,” Batam Mayor Rudi said on Tuesday to a crowd of 2,500 striking drivers, many of whom had parked their vehicles haphazardly outside the mayor’s offi...
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters