Batam revokes Blue Bird’s taxi license after local protests
The Jakarta Post
The Batam administration has revoked the license of the Blue Bird Group after 2,500 local taxi drivers went on strike to protest against the firm’s entrance into the local market.
“For all your sakes, the license of Blue Bird is revoked,” Batam Mayor Rudi said on Tuesday to a crowd of 2,500 striking drivers, many of whom had parked their vehicles haphazardly outside the mayor’s offi...
- Ahok’s loss may lead to Cabinet shake-up
- EA leaks more info on upcoming ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’
- Exhibition to showcase Indonesian cultural heritage for UNESCO list opened
- INSIGHT: Plight of international refugees
- City Hall adorned with wreaths thanking Ahok-Djarot
- Indonesian delegation to embark on series of high-impact visits this week
- BTS wins 9th Shorty Awards
- New business model of fintech-banks set to boost digital economy
- Lee Min-ho opens up on enlistment
- Jokowi uses social media to engage young Indonesians