Batam revokes Blue Bird’s taxi license after local protests
The Jakarta Post
The Batam administration has revoked the license of the Blue Bird Group after 2,500 local taxi drivers went on strike to protest against the firm’s entrance into the local market.
“For all your sakes, the license of Blue Bird is revoked,” Batam Mayor Rudi said on Tuesday to a crowd of 2,500 striking drivers, many of whom had parked their vehicles haphazardly outside the mayor’s offi...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews