Batam revokes Blue Bird’s taxi license after local protests
The Jakarta Post
The Batam administration has revoked the license of the Blue Bird Group after 2,500 local taxi drivers went on strike to protest against the firm’s entrance into the local market.
“For all your sakes, the license of Blue Bird is revoked,” Batam Mayor Rudi said on Tuesday to a crowd of 2,500 striking drivers, many of whom had parked their vehicles haphazardly outside the mayor’s offi...
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Pertamina allocates US$54 billion to strengthen upstream industry