Batam revokes Blue Bird’s taxi license after local protests
The Jakarta Post
The Batam administration has revoked the license of the Blue Bird Group after 2,500 local taxi drivers went on strike to protest against the firm’s entrance into the local market.
“For all your sakes, the license of Blue Bird is revoked,” Batam Mayor Rudi said on Tuesday to a crowd of 2,500 striking drivers, many of whom had parked their vehicles haphazardly outside the mayor’s offi...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Divers clean up Bali reefs
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago