Empowering farmers, ensuring national food security
The Jakarta Post
Appreciation of Indonesian farmers is often far less than is merited by their important role as guarantors of an adequate food supply for all Indonesian citizens.
Just take a look at the amount of subsidies given to farmers compared to the subsidies for owners of luxury cars and motorcycles. This year, the government reportedly has allocated only some Rp 13.9 trillion (US$1.47 billion) for ...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares