New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy