New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- Financial authority launches banking regulation digital library
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Egypt puts off higher entry visa charges until July 1
- Ten truly remote places where your boss can’t track you down