New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta's Pacific Place opens doors to ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ universe
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help