New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia