New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- Turkey, Iran and Iraq warn of 'counter-measures' against Kurdistan referendum