New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films