New government regulation threatens forest protection
The Jakarta Post
New central government regulations will allow mining and palm oil plantation companies with regional licenses to buy their concessions in state-controlled forests.
The regulations, No. 60/2012 on forest conversions and No. 61/2012 on forest utilization, stipulate that mining and palm oil businesses that started operation before the enactment of the Law on Spatial Planning and Forest Utiliza...
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report