Surakarta batik maker partners with Disney
The Jakarta Post
Disney park: (AP/Disney Parks) SURAKARTA: Batik Keris, a Surakarta-based batik producer in Central Java, has partnered with The Walt Disney Company to create colorful batik featuring famous Disney characters in an effort to take batik forward internationally.
“Children are accustomed to seeing and wearing batik clothes, but when they see batik with their favorite animated characters, th...
- Bali welcomes Barack Obama and family
- It’s official, Idul Fitri is tomorrow
- Malaysian PM to vacation in Bali after Obama
- Minister, MUI call for peaceful Idul Fitri sermons
- No merry Idul Fitri celebration for Ahmadiyah followers in Depok
- Ahmadiyah mosque in Depok vandalized ahead of Idul Fitri
- Two escaped foreign inmates transported to Bali
- Jokowi to stay in Jakarta for Idul Fitri
- Food prices spike in Jakarta a day before Idul Fitri
- JICA calls for stronger unity in ASEAN to exert bigger power