Local TV faces uncertain future
Oyos Saroso H.N and Indah Setiawati
The Jakarta Post
Local television stations across the country are young and small, but large in number.
Since the government endorsed the establishment of local televisions in 2002, new regional broadcasting agencies have blossomed in the regions.
The Indonesian Press Council recorded that there were 140 local TV stations in 2011. Unlike national broadcasting companies that often design content with...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Deputy gubernatorial candidate notes error in police summons