Local TV faces uncertain future
Oyos Saroso H.N and Indah Setiawati
The Jakarta Post
Local television stations across the country are young and small, but large in number.
Since the government endorsed the establishment of local televisions in 2002, new regional broadcasting agencies have blossomed in the regions.
The Indonesian Press Council recorded that there were 140 local TV stations in 2011. Unlike national broadcasting companies that often design content with...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- Student dies after being hit by Transjakarta bus
- Post-reform ethnic Chinese paintings
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- 9 TED Talks to help you through your quarter-life crisis
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks