Local TV faces uncertain future
Oyos Saroso H.N and Indah Setiawati
The Jakarta Post
Local television stations across the country are young and small, but large in number.
Since the government endorsed the establishment of local televisions in 2002, new regional broadcasting agencies have blossomed in the regions.
The Indonesian Press Council recorded that there were 140 local TV stations in 2011. Unlike national broadcasting companies that often design content with...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal