Local TV faces uncertain future
Oyos Saroso H.N and Indah Setiawati
The Jakarta Post
Local television stations across the country are young and small, but large in number.
Since the government endorsed the establishment of local televisions in 2002, new regional broadcasting agencies have blossomed in the regions.
The Indonesian Press Council recorded that there were 140 local TV stations in 2011. Unlike national broadcasting companies that often design content with...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed