Masterminds behind 1965 abortive coup still unknown
The Jakarta Post
Nearly five decades after the 1965 abortive coup, which was blamed on the Indonesian Communist Party (PKI), historians, observers and direct witnesses are still unable to agree about the masterminds behind the historical events.
Speaking at the launch of Jusuf Wanandi’s memoirs Shades of Grey in Jakarta on Thursday, panelists recounted the confusing state of events during those fateful da...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings