Masterminds behind 1965 abortive coup still unknown
The Jakarta Post
Nearly five decades after the 1965 abortive coup, which was blamed on the Indonesian Communist Party (PKI), historians, observers and direct witnesses are still unable to agree about the masterminds behind the historical events.
Speaking at the launch of Jusuf Wanandi’s memoirs Shades of Grey in Jakarta on Thursday, panelists recounted the confusing state of events during those fateful da...
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- Turkey, Iran and Iraq warn of 'counter-measures' against Kurdistan referendum